Out of State Fee
No Show Fee
- This intensive course will build on the philosophies of leadership and supervision that are presented in the Preparing for Leadership and First Line Supervision courses. The four major roles, of a mid-level manager are to have direct responsibility over supervisors, provide support to first line supervisors, focus on organizational achievements and manage organizational resources. In preparing attendees for success in these roles topics that will be presented in the class include:
- Role and Function of a mid-level manager
- Elements of senior leadership
- Transitioning to the mid-level manager
- Steps in moving to senior leadership
- Critical thinking
- Planning and organization
- Developing supervisors
- Management law
- Managing personnel and dealing with employee misconduct
- Conflict resolution
- Improving organizational performance
This course will require after-hours assignment completion and involvement of group activities. It is appropriate for those that are just beginning their position as a mid-level manager as well as current mid-level managers who desire to enhance their skills or refresh previous training. The course will be instructed by an experienced cadre of mid-level managers and top level executives from around the state of Wyoming.
To receive certification students must attend the course and complete all associated assignments.
This is an O.E.T. scholarshipped course and is offered free of charge to officers certified in the state of Wyoming. Please note, this course does have a No Show Fee. Cancellations must be received 2 business days before the start of the course. After that time, the No Show Fee may be charged.