Firearms Instructor Re-Certification
Students receive the most updated training available in all aspects of the W.L.E.A. Firearms Program. In addition, students will apply their knowledge in integrated coaching sessions with basic officers.
Students are required to complete the W.L.E.A. Firearms Pistol and Rifle Proficiency with a minimum performance standard of 90% on the morning of the first day in order to continue training.
To receive certification, students must complete the WLEA Pistol and Rifle Proficiency with a minimum performance standard of 90%. The certification is valid with WLEA for a 2 year period.
The uniform for this course is business casual or agency uniform for the classroom and appropriate range clothing for the range portions.
This is an O.E.T. scholarshipped course and is offered free of charge to officers certified in the state of Wyoming.
Please note, this course does have a No Show Fee. Cancellations must be received 2 business days before the start of the course. After that time, the No Show Fee may be charged.
1. Duty handgun, at least 4 magazines, and supporting equipment (holster, belt, magazine pouches, etc).
2. Patrol Rifle with sling and at least 3 magazines.
3. 400 rounds of Lead Free Frangible handgun ammunition.
4. 400 rounds of Lead Free Frangible rifle ammunition.
5. At least 2 flashlights and a flashlight ring.
6. Eye/ear protection, baseball cap, and ballistic vest.
7. Gun cleaning equipment.
8. Clothing and padded gear suitable for all weather and range conditions.
Firearms Instructor Re-Certification Spring 2021
Firearms Instructor Recertification Fall 2021
Firearms Instructor Recertification 2022
Open on Acadis