No Show Fee:
Firearms Instructor Course
Instructor Certification Course
Out of State Course Fee:
Note: The Vendor Fee is paid directly to the company and is not collected by WLEA.
Students receive training in all aspects of the Firearms system with a emphasis on range management, course of fire development, policy development, assessing training needs, and trouble shooting problem shooters.
Students are required to attend and complete the WLEA Advanced Firearms course prior to participating in this course. Students are also required to complete the WLEA Firearms Pistol and Rifle Proficiency with a minimum performance standard of 90% on the morning of the first day in order to continue training.
To receive certification students must complete the WLEA Pistol and Rifle Proficiency with a minimum performance standard of 90%, a written exam with a minimum performance standard of 80%, as well as a 20 minute instructor presentation. In order to receive your certificate, you MUST also complete the General Instructor Development course, which is in conjunction with Firearms Instructor Certification. The certification is valid with WLEA for a 2 year period.
1. Duty handgun, at least 4 magazines, and supporting equipment (holster, belt, magazine pouches, etc).
2. Patrol Rifle with sling and at least 3 magazines.
3. 1000 rounds of Lead Free Frangible handgun ammunition.
4. 600 rounds of Lead Free Frangible rifle ammunition.
5. At least 2 flashlights and a flashlight ring.
6. Eye/ear protection, baseball cap, and ballistic vest.
7. Gun cleaning equipment.
8. Clothing and padded gear suitable for all weather and range conditions.
1. Duty shotgun with sling and rifle sights
2. 75 rounds of Lead Free Frangible shotgun slugs.
3. 150 rounds of Lead Free Frangible 00 buckshot.
**Frangible shotgun ammunition may be purchased from WLEA for $0.60 per round while supplies last.
The uniform for this course is business casual or agency uniform for the classroom and appropriate range clothing for the range.
This is an O.E.T. scholarshipped course and is offered free of charge to officers certified in the state of Wyoming.
Please note, this course does have a No Show Fee. Cancellations must be received 2 business days before the start of the course. After that time, the No Show Fee may be charged.