No Show Fee:
Advanced Firearms Course
Out of State Course Fee:
Note: The Vendor Fee is paid directly to the company and is not collected by WLEA.
Students receive training in all aspects of the Firearms system with a emphasis on weapon handling, movement, shooting while moving, unconventional positions, multiple targets at various distances, one-handed shooting, low light shooting, use of cover, and transitions.
Students are required to complete the WLEA Firearms Pistol and Rifle Proficiency with a minimum performance standard of 80% on the morning of the first day in order to continue training.
1. Duty handgun, at least 4 magazines, and supporting equipment (holster, belt, magazine pouches, etc).
2. Patrol Rifle with sling and at least 3 magazines.
3. 1500 rounds of Lead Free Frangible handgun ammunition.
4. 500 rounds of Lead Free Frangible rifle ammunition.
5. At least 2 flashlights and a flashlight ring.
6. Eye/ear protection, baseball cap, and ballistic vest.
7. Gun cleaning equipment.
8. Clothing and padded gear suitable for all weather and range conditions.
The uniform for this course is business casual or agency uniform for classroom portions and appropriate range clothing for shooting portions.
*The June 2020 Course has already reached maximum enrollment. Applications received between now and the May deadline will be added to the waitlist.*